<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
@5:59 PM

When the hunter get hunted

Last week while having a beer at Ice Cold, my professor told me about his experience with the Graduate Employment Survey conducted by Office of Career Service (OCS). I was disgusted when he told me that the managers of OCS will call up professors to bug them for names of outstanding graduates so that they can be in the sample group of survey. So my guess was spot on. In an earlier post, I mentioned that OCS didn't really ensure random sampling in this survey ~ having ensured top earners to be inside the sample, while ignoring those not-so-high-fliers.
Guess what? I received this email today from OCS Assistant Director, congratulating me on my job offer in P&G (amazing how the news spread in that office). Then she moved on to ask me 3 simple questions so as to be part of the GRADUATE EMPLOYMENT SURVEY. Haha ~ see?! That's how they get the result. My friends with slighly lower GPA (nevertheless, received more job offers) didn't get such email. If they want to claim 100% employment, is it that tough to ensure 100% response in the survey? Or can't they be fair enough to email everyone to ask for the volunteered response?
Now, I hate this survey. I wish I never have to participate in this shitty exercise, but I owe this assistant director a favor since last year. Arrrggghh...... slapping myself in the face.

by Str|fe

5 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com