<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, April 09, 2007
@4:57 PM

My final IB interview

First up, it's really a mistake on my part to attend this interview in such a feverish state, although there isn't much of a choice since they are concluding their first round today. I was drowsy from the medication, and my running nose and cough didn't help as well.
It's quite an interesting interview though, it's more like a sharing session. The questions were easy, but I doubt I made a good impression in my feverish state. Let me list down some of the discussion we had over the one-hour interview.
  1. You are the only one whom we are seeing from Polytechnic. Why polytechnic instead of the JC route? (this question seems to be very popular lately. I get it in every interview)
  2. What other offers? (I dunno what's the relevance of this question, someone advise me please?)
  3. Are you prepared to sacrifice the hours? (What do you think?)
  4. Tell me an example when you screwed up big time at work and cost much embarrassment to your boss (I couldn't answer this question although I tried)
  5. Why Jefferies? (Luckily I did my homework)

The final one is a technical question on the 3 financial statements. Basically I just have to draw out the 3 statements on the white board and show the effect of increase in depreciation on these 3 statements. Yeah ~ this question isn't tough. No problem.
However, I know that my progress stopped right there because of the next dreadful question. "We hope our analyst can start by end of May. Will that be a problem for you?" You know my answer. So oh well ~ goodbye.
Anyway, this bank is quite interesting. Their target client group is the mid-cap companies which is one area the other big banks are trying to enter now. And the best thing? This bank focuses on high yield bonds (spelled: junk bonds), thus it will be a good stepping stone to a private equity firm in the future. If you are keen on these markets, you should consider applying. Good luck!

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com