<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, March 29, 2007
@7:02 PM

- Sign now -

I was arranged to meet 2 persons (HR and Finance) in P&G today. When the HR showed me all the benefits P&G is offering, I was pleasantly surprised, except for the fact that there's no performance bonus. I raised up this issue to both the HR lady and the Finance head, but I was informed that P&G doesn't offer performance bonus. Oh well ~
Regarding the salary, there was no room for negotiation too. Although it's not far off (couples of dozen) my target, I will love to have a chance to negotiate. However, the Finance head was firm and assertive which left me with zero chance. She passed me 2 pieces of papers and requested me to read it on the spot. After reading it, she passed me the (cheapo) pen and said, "Sign now". I was stunned (again) for a moment, not realising that these two pieces of paper are actually the offer letter. Bah. The moment I requested for a few days to consider, she stood up and left the room after a few words. -_- attitude sia ~
So here I am staring at the letter, wondering if that's where I truly belong. It may sound weird now, but I wish they have a variable component to salary as I regarded it as a form of motivation. Not that the money really matters, but I do appreciate the pros of performance-based reward.
Oh ya, I seek her advice on my opportunity of oversea posting, and the Finance head told me bluntly that it will be at least 4 years later. Only the top performers will get a shot at it. Yeah ~ maybe this will be my motivation then.
Where do we go from here?

by Str|fe

2 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com