<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, March 05, 2007
@12:53 PM

It is what it is

Didn't sleep well last night due to some funny dreams. I had to drag myself off the bed at 6.30am to prepare for the 8.30am assessment. Those tests are a waste of time. A person who is able to score well doesn't implied that he/she is suitable for the job, agree? That's for the assessment portion. Finished it by 10am, so I headed to Plaza 2 for the interview with the VP. He is a very nice sincere man. I can tell that he will make a very good mentor.
Although this interview took 1 hour, it was more like a get-to-know-you session. I was very frank with this department head. I told him that I wanted to enter risk mgt to pick up those technical skill, however, I won't want to remain in this department more than 3 years. I see myself more of a generalist than a specialist. I seek his opinion on letting his staffs (i.e. me) move on when the opportunities arise in the future. And he actually asked for my opinion on oversea posting.
Yes, I know my conversation with him may be too frank to serve me any good, but I guess I want to be fair to both parties. "Manage one's expectation", that's what they call. So if the department is really searching for a specialist, then it's fair that they choose others over me too. Anyway, I brought up the issue of my NS liability again. Unfortunately, even this VP has no say in this HR matter. He told me that it may really be a big problem (i.e. apply next year). Sigh ~ what to do? Just my luck.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com