Thursday, March 01, 2007
@6:19 PM
11/05 - 05/11I was introduced to you through a mutual friend in Primary 5. We used to play Hum-da-bo-la during our recess and right after the school bell went off. I was always the odd one out in the gang because I was the only guy from the Express stream. While most of my classmates stayed back in school to mug for PSLE, I would be at the playground with you guys.
When PLSE was over, we were glad that both of us ended up in the same secondary school. Although you were in the Technical class, our friendship was never bothered by it. As usual, I preferred to mix around with you all. It was funny how we involved we were in each other's puppy love. Of all the girls in the school, we had to chase after the same senior. Ended up, none of us got her. Haha. It was also then when I realised you had picked up smoking. Totally pissed, I was. I avoided you for months not because I despise smoker, but I was trying to convince you to quit. Tried as I might, it failed miserably. But at least you won't smoke in front of me back then.
To earn more pocket money, both of us ended up at McDonald's for our first job. Amazingly, both of us moved on to KFC together too. And not forgeting all the X'mas cards selling experience we had together.
As we grown up, you taught me rollerblading while I taught you tennis. We hit the clubs (spell: nightspot) every weekend, getting ourselves foolishly drunk. Back then, our ex-girlfriends even shared the same English name. Haha ~
We used to promise each other that we will be the 'best man' for each other's wedding. While you always wanted to settle down so much, I was just the opposite. Sometimes, even strangers recognized that the two of us are completely opposite. Even our birth dates are opposite - your 05/11, my 11/05.
15 years on, both of us are in a situation which none of us would have imagined. It's a pity a person can decide for us that I am not worthy for you as a buddy anymore. No doubt that the strenght of a friendship shouldn't be measured by the length of it, but I believed we had been through much more. Sigh. Find it weird that I no longer know what my closest buddy is currently doing. It's a pity ~ sigh .......
by Str|fe
2 comments