<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Monday, February 26, 2007
@8:19 PM

Whose sock is this?

The UOB interview went well. It was 40 minutes, which is a pretty comfortable time. One interviewer was from the HR, while another was from Risk Management department. Something dawned on me right after the interview, and it took me over a handful of interviews to realise this. Whenever I am interviewed for a company that I craved for (read: Citibank, Deutsche, SC), my performance would be below par. On the other hand, when I go for interviews in companies which I don't really care (read: UOB, Mapletree, Shell), I would do very well. See ~ it's my nerve. When I want something too badly, I tend to perform below par. If I go in with a heck-care attitude, I tend to be more confident and smooth. Ok ~ I will work on it. :)
I was very honest with the interviewers, informing them of my NS liability. I know it may just kill off my chance, but I guess it's better now than later. I am confident that I did well enough to earn a 2-round of interview, but if I do get rejected at this round, trust me ~ it's due to my NS liability. Haha ~ self-delusion.

As usual, here's the list of questions if you are keen. It may come in useful for my competitor, if you are reading it.

The 2nd last question was a surprise. In fact, the interviewer found it surprising that I didn't ask her about work-life balance in UOB. The fact is ~ I don't care. Haha. Anyway, the last question was the fun (but killer) part. Picked a card from a stack, and mine read SOCK. So I was supposed to give a 2-minute presentation on SOCK right on the spot. Yes, I smoked my way through, and I don't even recalled what exactly I have said. Haha.
This is a good rehearsal for my big one on Saturday. I am dying for that one and I shall ace it.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com