<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, February 02, 2007
@6:20 PM

Reality and dream

The HR lady called me up at 9am (I was on my bed), telling me that the interview will be held in Paula Bukom at 11am. Bah. I ended up having to rush here and there, spending $18 on called cab with the cab driver speeding at 110km/hr in order for me to catch the ferry. The ferry departing time is 10.45am. I reached the terminal at 10.44am. I had to literally run on board.
I doubt many of you have ever experienced taking a ferry to interview. Haha. To be frank, the place looks run down. In fact, the first issue that the interviewer discussed on was to manage my expectation. There isn't nice cosy office nor glamorous title, although I have kinda expected it.
The discussion went fine. As expected, both interviewer asked if I am concerned about not being able to work in the finance industry. Fortunately, I was well prepared for this question. However, when they asked, "How do you see yourself in this department for 10 years?", I was totally lost for words. I have never ever thought of that. I believe they get the point that if I ever join Shell, that's because I am looking forward to the broad based career development instead of a specialisation into Procurement department. The position sounds challenging, but that's definitely not what I want to to do for more than 3 years.
Had a quick lunch with the interviewer before I headed back to campus for class. The cab drove past the CBD area at lunch time. I stared out of the window at those chaps in their well-pressed shirts and pants. Do I really want to be stationed in that island for the next 3 years?

by Str|fe

1 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com