<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, February 11, 2007
@12:01 PM

Ode to my family

2007 may be an interesting year for my family indeed. Coming next month, my younger brother is getting married. Preparation is on going in the family now, and my grandma (recovered, thank you) has requested for 10 wedding tables for her friends alone. Haha ~ I guess she's excited. After all, it's her first as a grandma. :)
My youngest brother just received the "O"-level result on Friday. Not bad, although I am concerned about how much he seems to be following my footsteps. When he consulted me for advices on the various courses in polytechnic, it got me thinking of myself exactly 10 years ago. Back then, I was sure I will choose the poly route although my grades could bring me in to a JC easily. Hearing from my brother, he isn't that sure now. Oh well, just choose something you like. Passion brings us to places ultimately, right?
2 weeks ago (refer to my post on 3rd Feb), my mum told me that she is considering taking over the food stall from my cousin (owner). Her concerns were, of course, the capital and labor hours. You know, before I entered SMU, I promised myself that someday I will provide the capital for her to be her own boss. When she told me of that opportunity 2 weeks ago, I wished I could contribute more than just words of encouragement. Yet again, I told her to reconsider because she may not need to work so hard since I will be entering the workforce in the near future. Lets see how things turn out.
As for myself, things aren't all bright in 2007 yet. Basically, I have myself to blame for many of the problems. I am restless in campus because I have no CCA commitment. I have no academic goal because I have more or less secured the Summa. My job hunting hasn't been successful because I was aiming too high in the past. Even my friendship with my buddy has been on the rock due to some foolish reasons. This last point has been affecting me much lately, especially since we have been buddy of 15 years. Yes, I have faith that we have been through enough to overcome this issue, but I really can't help it if people wishes to break it up. Sigh.... what can I say? Are you happy now?
Anyway, it will be fine, I hope. If I can have it my ways, I wish .......
- secure a good offer from a decent employer
- resolve the problem with my buddy
- finish the NS liability with no hiccup
- end my university education on a good note
- my younger brother entering a course that he likes
- my grandma in good health
- provide capital for my mum to take over the stall, or even retire in near future

Cheers
Strife

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com