<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
@10:00 PM

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise

First up, pardon me for my absence from this blog for so many days. Just couldn't find words to express myself here. Oh well, here I'm. :)
Shell called me up this afternoon. Here's how the HR lady went, "Chris, the Procurement managers felt that you are still very keen on finance, thus they don't find you suitable for the role in Procurement Department."
I am fine, no kidding. As mentioned in my previous post, I was mentally prepared for it because it was quite obvious that I still can't let go of my passion. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise after all. Although I will love to receive the offer (after which I will reject), I am equally cool with this outcome. At the minimum, I know that I am not unqualified for the job. It's just that they can tell that my passion doesn't lie there. I think I have to work on my poker's face stunt. Couldn't hide this fact from the managers, haha.
Ever since the interview on Friday, I have spent time understanding myself better. I am convinced that I should really follow my dream. If I just jump into a job opening simply for security sake, I will just be another chap on the street. Right?
Chin up, Chris. You can do it. You know that you are good. It's just a matter of time when the right opportunities surface.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com