<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
@9:05 PM

Why am I the last?

I couldn't believe it when I received the call from my friend this evening. He was rejected. Gosh ~ that's a shocking news. He was in my team, so I get to witness his technical capabilities and style of working in team. In fact, other than the Australian (whom I couldn't get along with), he's the most capable chap in the team. I wonder why Shell choose to let go of a talent ~
Having said that, I realized ..... only 4 persons in my team of 11 received offers from Shell. The rest are rejections, of course. Amazingly low, especially when I felt that my team performed very well overall. Weird ~
In Singapore, there were 10 of us who went. 3 from NUS, 3 from NTU, and 4 from SMU. Out of the 3 engineers from NUS, 2 received offers. Sad to say, all 3 from NTU got rejected. For SMU, 2 received offers (1 other rejection), while 1 is still pending. Yeah, I am the last one pending. Why must I be the last one? In fact (correct me if I am wrong), all the 49 participants have received offers/rejections, except me I am the freaking final one.
Am I confident? Absolutely not. I have to admit that I didn't performed up to par. So rejection is inevitable. I just want it sooner than later. Don't play this hard-to-get game. Tomorrow, tomorrow will be the D-day. Look out for annoucement.
p.s. I don't need consolation.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com