<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, January 27, 2007
@12:33 AM

When you get what you want but not what you need

The Bain & Co Party is a big disappointment. I have to bear part of the blame for I didn't had my meal before turning up for this event. It was 6.30pm, thus any normal person will think that dinner will be served, right? Never presume ~
The event was very badly organized. There was only around 15 representatives from the company, while more than 80 students were present. There were no tables, no chairs. Once the bell went off, everyone just swarmed the 15 representatives. Such event really shows the ugly side of undergrads. So what if she/he is your friend, you just have to outshine him/her tonight. Sorry, but I couldn't do it. Who are you trying to impress (spell: fool)?
Within 45 minutes, I just got sick of this cat and mouse game, thus I settled for a seat with a friend. Before long, a representative sat down beside us and we started chatting about life in Bain. Isn't that what an ideal networking event should be? Instead of having 6 hungry students swarming to each representative (shouting in order to be heard), we should be having a good chat with no hidden agenda. Ok, I am too idealistic, I know.
Anyway, Bain & Co is a good company. In fact, it's so good that it's definitely out of my league. Remember how I decided not to apply for BCG after attending its talk? The difference here lies in the culture. It's a kind of feeling which you can tell easily if you want to work for such a company. BCG isn't one (although I may not be good enough), but Bain is definitely a desirable employer (although I am definitely not good enough).
This representative who sat with us at the sofa? She is a Thai who received offers from McKinsey, Bain, and BCG. What's more amazing? She's an engineering student who managed to ace all the business case interviews in all these firms. Smart? Nah ~ she's a genius.

by Str|fe

1 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com