Monday, January 22, 2007
@11:53 AM
First interview in 2007I didn't expect such a setting for an interview. I was seated on a long sofa, while the 2 interviewers (Vice-president and Biz CFO) sat on the individual sofa at each corner. There was no desk, no nothing to hide my nerve. To be fair, the questions posted weren't tough, but I was way too nervous to think properly. Idiotic ~
As usual, here's the list of questions (together with my afterthoughts) to share with you .......
- Tell me more about yourself - Not very creative huh?
- What is IRR 133? - No idea. It's something like FRS for derivatives.
- What is EVA? - No problem. Formula included.
- Estimate the number of petrol kioks in CBD area and tell me how did you derive this figure - This is my doom question. I bloody screwed up this question. The interviewer literally opened her eyes wide when I gave my answers.
- Tell me the differences between stock and bond - No problem. Finance 101.
- What determine the price of bond? - No problem, but I could have explained more.
- What are the roles of CFO? - Fortunately, I've done the right research for this interview. Read the whole thick book titled "CFO Financial Leadership Manual".
- What are the differences between CFO and Controller? - No problem. That book has one whole chapter on this issue.
- Name me some of your experiences working in/leading a team - No problem, although I hate such questions.
- Tell me more about your achievement during your internship - Hmmm..... that was in 2005 sia ~
- What's your greatest achievement in the past 5 years? - No problem, but dunno if it's relevant.
- Give me an example of your tough experience working in team - Hmmm.... too many to name, but of course I will quote the Gourami team. Haha ~
I have 12 questions in a short 30-minutes interview. So you could guess how nervous I was. I went too fast, and my answers were too short. I could have elaborated on some points. Sigh ....... If I am the interviewer, I won't even let myself pass this round. No kidding.
by Str|fe
1 comments