<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, January 28, 2007
@1:42 PM

16th April 2007

Many of you may not know that I have yet to complete my national service. I disrupted my service 4 years ago, so that I could join SMU in 2003. If not, I would have to wait for another 8 months in order to join the 2004 batch. Was it a right choice? I don't know. What's more of a concern now is that I need to go back to the army to serve out my remaining 3-4 months. I had submitted my application to resume my service. 16th April 2007.
The sticky situation is here. I can't apply for those jobs advertised on the newspapers right now because those employers are normally in a urgent need to fill up the open positions. Effectively, I have 6 more months (minimum) to go before I can start working. A situation which doesn't sound attractive to any recruiter. And guess what? Even for Shell, I have yet to inform them of my obligation. From my understanding, they have already found the open position for me in the procurement department of refinery business. I won't be surprised if they are not willing to wait, you see? We shall see what happens on this coming Friday when I meet the line managers.
An even stickier problem I am facing is "passion vs. bread". 90% of friends (including my mum) encourage me to take up Shell, while my heart is telling me otherwise. Ever since I left the polytechnic, I learnt that my passion lies in the finance industry. For the past 4 years in SMU, I worked hard towards a promising career in the finance sector. I was so sure that I will thrive there. Now, that's for passion. The reality isn't half as pretty. No thanks to my poor interviewing skills, I had yet to convince those bankers that I am capable enough. Can I live on my passion and wait for the right offer to appear in my face? Or should I consider looking elsewhere? Ironic, isn't it? A Summa-cum-Laude holder with outstanding CCA records having to face a "passion vs. bread" problem. Sigh ........

by Str|fe

10 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com