Tuesday, December 12, 2006
@5:50 PM
A wake up callCareer
counsellor: Chris, do you know what's your most obvious weakness in your resume?Chris: My internshipCareer counsellor: ExactlyI had a 45-minute discussion with my career counsellor this morning before heading to the gym. Yeah, I felt that it's time to seek some professional advices. I have to admit that the session is really a demoralising one. Here's what she had to say .....Career counsellor: - You have no working experience in banks, you are at a great disadvantage
- Yes, you have GPA and CCA, but what about internship? Why didn't you do a 2nd internship? (%^&*^%...... Your office filtered out all my applications)
- Front line need the personality, but you don't have
- You don't have the package, sad to say
- Manage your own expectation. Look at the operation positions. Investment Banking is too competitive.
Don't get me wrong. She is a very helpful administrator, and I appreciate her time. Just a bad reality check for me though. Sigh .......
Maybe it's time to wake up ~
by Str|fe
1 comments