<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
@7:57 PM

"An experience that you won't regret"

I was promised the above line when I signed up for the challenge. As cliché as it may sound, I am glad that I was given the opportunity to participate.
Shell spent an average of USD$3,000 on each participant for this event, so you can guess how "pampered" we were. The food spread is decent, although most greedy Singaporean will complain the lack of variety after 2 days. Accomodation in a 5-stars resort is very comfortable as well.
Apart from this, I guess the most important takeaway from this event is my new-found friends, whether they are from Singapore (the slacker club) or the rest of the Asia club. It's amazing how stress can bring about close bonding between strangers in such a short time. I will touch more on these new friends in my later posts. After all, they definitely deserve a post dedicate solely for them. :)
There were many ups and downs that I experienced in the past few days. If you are wondering how stressed/packed the event is, you may want to guage it from the average number of sleep most of us had each night. 5 hours. Yeah, it's not because of R&R. In fact, R&R only happened on the final day. During the actual competition, there's no time to shit, no time to press the shirt, no time to close my eyes.
Stress took a toll on us, especially my dear fellows in the finance team. Working with the engineers is a "refreshing" challenge. Idiots surfaced visibly in difficult time. And the biggest idiot award goes to this "ostrich" in my team. Not just within my team, but in the whole event. If you can become the idiot that all 45 participants hates/dislike/can't-give-you-a-shit, I say you deserve an award. This ostrich beats all the rest hands down.
Working with people from different cultures is another bonus from this event. I realised that PRC are a smart bunch of people, although they may be easily overwhelmed by the ah moh. In fact, I think ah moh can easily "outshine" others as long as they continue to keep their ears shut.
I also get to learn more about myself through this event. Imagine going to an assessment centre in your job application. Just extend it from an 8-hours assessment to a 6-days assessment, and you will understand how it felt. Anyway, I think I am getting anti-social. Many times, I preferred to keep quiet in a group. I was "stonning" on every possible occassions. Singaporean friends (from both NTU and NUS) commented that DAO is the first impression I gave and it still haven't change. When I defended that I was shy instead, they wanted to puke. Haha. Oh well, I just have to learn to walk with my nose parallel to the ground. Lalalaala ~
Ok, I need to prepare for my interview. Brb ~

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com