<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
@12:08 AM

Chris, you can

I am tired.
My msn nicks for the past 2 weeks have either been "just a matter of time" or "keep the faith". Frankly speaking, it's wearing real thin......
It's really demoralising when I learnt that the peers around me are being invited for interviews (same jobs I applied for) when I hear nothing at all. How do I keep my spirit up? I don't even know what's wrong with me. UBS, Barclays, Deutsche, HSBC, Temasek, and Citibanks. All these banks have started the interviews process. Day in day out, my friends are asking me if I receive the calls from these banks since they have received it. Many won't believe that I have heard nothing.
To make things worse, my mum asked me regarding my job applications this morning. I don't know how to reply her. She wasn't trying to stress me. But I feel that it's really time for me to start meeting my potential future employers. I ashamed having to tell her that I am still waiting after all these months. Waiting not for an offer, but an opportunity for interview.
Yesterday, a friend commented that I look down on some of the positions offered. Oh come on. Does following my passion/goal means that I look down on the rest of the departments? For your info, I did a major in Operation back in polytechnic, thus I know I won't enjoy it there. I don't want to try trading because it isn't my cup of tea. I don't want consumer banking simply because I am positive I will fail miserably in that line. So why can't I follow my heart and apply for my preferred positions? Why can't I have a choice after working so hard for the past 3 years?
Yes, I am trying to keep the faith. I am constantly telling myself that it's just a matter of time. Do you understand the pressure I am under? When everyone expects a scholar/student-leader to be highly in demand, I am the odd one out.
Self-confidence finally taking a big blow~

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com