<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
@11:00 PM

Seven Secret Skills of Highly Effective Bankers

One of my friends dedicated a post on his blog for me. Haha. I will comment on each skill, and you shall be my judge. :)
  1. Good/passable writer. This is usually not something that analysts are judged on, but do not underestimate how important writing becomes later on. If you can’t write, you’ll just be a quant jock.
    (I am considered an active blogger, right? I am taking Persuasion as a course although it's not a compulsory course in SMU. I am taking English lesson to brush up my language. I am not good, but I am trying.)
  2. Culturally and socially astute. Many of you have come from humble beginnings. But as you rise through the ranks and get richer, you need to step up your knowledge to learn about things like art and wine. It sounds like a stereotype, but it’s true.
    (Haha, this one is tough. I know nuts about art. I used to hate wine till lately. Red wine is still out although I can accept white wine now. I know my beng-ish attitude is the killer. Okok ~ I hear you.)
  3. Able to delegate. This doesn’t apply for analysts, of course.
    (Friends and project mates used to call me , "Slave-driver", but these days they prefered to address me as "Boss". Bah. I have led as Presidents for 2 student bodies, so I reckon I have delegate aka arrow enough. The problem is that people often don't understand why I am so demanding on the quality of work.)
  4. Baller. If single, must be able to hit on members of the opposite sex. Benefit of having a gf/bf is that you can always pass on this type of thing. Related to this is the ability to be attractive and appealing even if you’re not.
    (Attached. Sorry.)
  5. Cannot be pee shy. Business takes place everywhere. You must be able to keep the conversation going from the dinner table to the urinal and to dinner again.
    (You decide if I am a social animal or loner. Sometimes, I keep very quiet even when I am with friends. Yet sometimes, I can crap alot with strangers. My biggest weakness is remembering the names of those whom I have just been introduced to.)
  6. Alcohol tolerance. We’re not talking about shots here, but you should be able to handle a good amount and still stay on the ball.
    (Hmmmm.... although I love my drink, I am not really a good drinker. That's why I avoid liquor on some important occasions if you notice.)
  7. Ability to look older than you are. Also important as you get more responsibility. Glasses, style of dress, briefcases … all help project a more mature you.
    (Yeah, I know my dressing is super sloppy. But when I do wear formal, I make sure I look my best. That's why I invest on those shirts and ties.)

What say you?

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com