<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
@11:14 PM

My farewell speech

Nothing impressive, but it is sincere. Thank you.

A very good evening to our guest of honor, Dean Pang Eng Fong, Associate Dean Francis Koh, faculty members, administrators, and fellow SMU students.

Let me share a short story with you first before I run my thank-you list.
Do you know that this Love Parade was nearly cancelled a week ago? Last Wednesday, Ivy, the event I/C, called me up at 9am and reported poor ticket sales at the booth. As the president, my first thought then was "Gosh, can we pull it through?"

That's why I am very glad today to be able to stand right here. The commitment of Ivy, together with the team, convinced me that if we try hard enough, our efforts will pay off. And thanks to every one of you here too, this event isn't going to be a quiet affair. The 200 of you here are the ones who dare to put down the books for a moment in week 10, and enjoy our life as a student in LKCSB. You guys deserve a good pat on the shoulder.

One year ago, I decided to run for Bondue office simply because I find it a challenge having to serve the biggest school in SMU. And you know what? A year on, I still find it a challenge. During my term of office, my team has organized many successful events, our bigger events being the LightOut Bash in MoS where we sold more than 1400 tickets, Bondue Evening at Timbre where the Business School came together to lao yu sheng, and Bondue Freshmen Camp catering to more than 250 freshmen. But Bondue isn't just about events. We tried to serve the needs of Business student’s by initiating the welfare focus group project too, with the help of Prof Pang and Prof Francis Koh. We also managed to build a stronger identity with the launch of Bondue polo-tees.

Having said that, I still feel it will be some time to go before we are able to reach out to the 2,200 students in LKCSB. I sincerely hope that the administrators, faculty members and students will join Bondue in achieving this goal. The 11 Bondue exco can never do it alone. We are not here to be the biggest society. Bondue exists simply for one reason - To build a cohesive School of Business. Thus, every single one of you counts.

Before I end off my speech, I will like extend my appreciation for LCKSB administrators, OSL staff, my dear SAC members, the many CBDs and clubs that are supporting this event today, and most importantly, my team. I am passing the baton to Hanxian and his team, so please continue to support Bondue in the coming years. Remember, it's all about you.

Thank you.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com