<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, October 01, 2006
@12:40 PM

*M* V for Vendetta

Only managed to catch the dvd last night since I missed the movie screening.
Awesome. One of the best movies I have watched in recent time. The theme surrounds around politics, power, and terrorism. The dialogue is amazing. A movie which makes me think harder and deeper. What will you choose? Freedom or safety?
Catch it if you haven't. You won't regret it.

Rating: 5 stars!

I leave you with some of the memorable quotes in the film.........
- "The building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. Alone, a symbol is meaningless, but with enough people, blowing up a building can change the world."
- "Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is. "
- "I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like "collateral" and "rendition" became frightening, while things like Norsefire and the Articles of Allegiance became powerful. I remember how "different" became dangerous. I still don't understand it, why they hate us so much."
- "You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it."
- "My father was a writer. You would've liked him. He used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up."
- "Bollocks"

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com