<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, October 13, 2006
@11:06 PM

HSBC Global Investment Banking talk

3 hours, but I am not complaining. It's a very good session. There was less than 30 invited students, and guess what? The bank sent a team of 10, including analysts, associate, director, and MANAGING DIRECTOR OF ASIA PACIFIC. Wah sei ~ super sincere.
I was totally impressed by the the Managing Director who is the night chief presenter. Freaking good speaker. I can't help but felt so captivated by his speech. I can spot some of the tactics that he is using, yet I just can't be bothered. Superb performance.
After which we get to speak to them in private. Hmmm..... I caught up with a handful of them, including some alumni. Power ~ investment banking is freaking challenging, and I am so excited about this sector. See, consultancy sounds challenging too, but I know it won't keep my fire burning. Investment banking is different. Just listening to the terms such as IPO, merger, debt, and models get me excited! Whahaha ~ silly.
I know the chance of getting even an interview is tough, but I am not giving up. I will apply!
Oh ya, did I mention Darren Lim is an analyst there too? Don't know who is he? Mr. Blu Inc Valedictorian, that is.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com