<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, September 08, 2006
@4:31 PM

I recall criticising government here for funding the dying Chartered SemiConductor. I have learnt pretty much about the company since I was doing a Strategy project on it. That was like 1 year ago. I claimed that Chartered will be dead by then if the government hasn't been wasting money on it. True to be ....... seems like everyone else think so too ~
Business Times: Chartered shares fall on divestment report (080906)
The share price fall 4 cents to $1.21 after Financial Times reported that Temasek Holdings may sell its stake in the companies. Spot on!
Anyway, this brings me to the title of my post. I have been reading alot of statements from Temasek "spokeman" (I wonder what's his job scope). Below are the extract from his statements when being questioned about Chartered;

- "We do not have a divestment list. In principle, we are open at all times to maintaining , increasing or reducing our holdings"
- Broadly speaking, we are comfortable with our overall portfolio mix, and will continue to review, monitor and re-assess our position regularly"
- "Overall, our focus is to deliver long-term shareholder value"

Bah. This is what I call ....."Say alot, but say nothing at all" In layman term, it's called "Smoke". Maybe they can be more innovative at times. Use some colored smoke or fragrance smoke. Why bothering responsing when you are effectively saying nothing?

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com