<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
@12:17 PM

Attended the function this morning in Fullerton Hotel. 8.30am ~ mind you.
Very surprised by what they are offering - Finance Management Trainee Program. In simple english ~ it's somewhere between backend office and middle office. Other than Citibank which offers MA program in operation, I have yet to hear of such initiative from other banks. I reckon it's just a matter of time before JPMorgan move its operation hub to Singapore.
Anyway, the function was pretty simple. 8 students (SMU, NTU, NUS) on one round tables (with breakfast). 2 company representatives joined each table (8 in total) for 20 minutes, each pair discussing on different topics; culture, program, company, diversity, department.
Maybe it's due to the 4 hours of sleep I had last night, I couldn't concentrate towards the end. Freaking tired. Really hard not to yawn ~ haha.
Anyway, after hearing them out for 2 hours, it kinda reinforced my career choice; I don't want to be in backend office. Haha ~ I had a short chat with a friend after the function. Some enlightment. It gets me thinking about my career path once again. It's really not the money. In fact, I was just telling some friends last night that my target is minimum salary of $2,500, which they don't buy. To me, money will roll in sooner or later. What's more important is to be in the right job once you step out. I don't want to only "discover" myself after 2 years on the job. Afterall, my Summa only gets me out on this very first step. I have to make it right.
After this session, I have something to share with you guys. These are the words they kept on emphasizing on .......
- drive
- initiative
- motivated
- passion

Do you have what it takes?

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com