<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/17367504?origin\x3dhttp://masterzhuo.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Friday, September 29, 2006
@4:02 PM

Citigroup wants to stem its talent outflow

This article caught my eyes because of the recent conversation I had with the JPMorgan representative in Fullerton Hotel. Just a short extract from the article first;

There are so many former Citibankers to be found in financial institutions in Asia that their onetime employer Citigroup says it faces a problem of "exporting talents". Robert Morse, Citigroup CEO, Asia Pacific corporate and investment banking (CIB), says: "In the past, Citigroup exported alot of talent to the industry. We want to make sure we stop doing that."

Now, back to the conversation I had with the JPMorgan (JP) representative 3 days ago.
Me: If the department is expanding, why is it that the program is only recruiting 7 fresh graduates a year globally (2 from Singapore)?
JP: We don't want to become a factory line like Citibank. Look at their high turnover rate of MA.
Me: But it can be due to the fact that Citibank MA are high in demand, thus being headhunted aggressively?
JP: (Smiling) I beg to differ.

So you see. It's almost becoming quite a obvious trend in the industry. Citibank is facing high staff turnover rate. And guess what? The HSBC MA whom I spoke to last night hinted that HSBC is more "human" than the other banks (I bet he was implying Citibank). Haha ~ I have heard of many complaints about how Citibank works you till the last cents paid for you. But again, this bank is my ideal destination simply due to one reason - Working with the best people. I rather be working my ass off, together with people whom I have confidence in, than to head for home at 6pm sharp without an ease of mind about my team.

by Str|fe

0 comments

YYou are reading

Str|fe
@ www.masterzhuo.blogspot.com

Yhistory

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007

SGBlog.com

sgBlogs.com