Friday, September 29, 2006
@11:34 PM
3rd stop - MASOf the 3 functions I attended this week, this one is the best. Most comfortable and interactive. They came clean and didn't tried to hardsell the organisation. That's what I like.
However, after hearing it all, I started to understand why people always say that interviewing is about discovering each other, i.e. it's a two-way process. Don't get me wrong. I am pretty impressed by MAS, but I begin to see a more holistic picture. There are hundreds of impressive companies out there, and our job is essentially to find one which fit us. Not just the most impressive one. And I have to admit that MAS won't be a good fit for me. I believe the private sector is still the way to kickstart a career. Maybe years down the road when I want to slow down, this organisation will be a comfortable one to be in.
One concluding speech by the presenter left an impression on me. "When Singapore faces the next crisis, will you be selling the Sing Dollar? Or will you be standing up to be counted?"
Chew on it ~
by Str|fe
0 comments