Thursday, August 10, 2006
@1:16 AM
The word "development" is important, yet often overlooked. I am fortunate enough to witness some of the real life examples of how development affects everything. I hope you will get to experience all these soon as well.
Society. Nation. Club. Association. Company. Union. School. It's really amazing. The thing about development is that you have to understand the stage you are at currently. I was considered quite an early batch of SMU student. I have witnessed how the school and students developed in many ways. I have been in 2 clubs. I get to have the first-hand experience of seeing them grow. And everyone of us are stakeholders in this nation we call Singapore. You see how things have changed, especially in the past decade.
Personally, I feel that the worst barride to development is ..... the top management (pioneer). Most of the time, these people have a strong stand on the way things should be done. They feel that whatever have been successful in the past must be equally successful in the future. They simply ignore how culture has evolved. Or rather, they are the one imposing their own "culture" downward.
Pioneers have fulfilled their roles. Thus, when the days come for the new wave of development, one should know when to step aside. I respect those who have the guts to do it. Mark my words, because you gonna realise all these soon.
by Str|fe
0 comments