Saturday, October 08, 2005
@12:11 AM
When I first heard of this concept cafe, I wasn't impressed with this idea at all. What was the big deal? Isn't it just a few boardgame? Can't I play them at home? Isn't it just a few sofa? What else can they really offer?
Oh well, I experienced it myself today. Once I was seated, I asked my friend - "How do they really make money like this?" Haha ~ foolish me. I realised 2 hours later......
First of all, it's a prefectly healthy chill-out place. It's bright, yet cosy enough to feel at ease. (Eh, although I ordered a bottle of beer, generally the menu is pretty healthy.) Haha~ Secondly, those boardgames were fun! I played the game - "I'm the boss". Freaking hell ~ I never thought that negotiation games can be so fun! Thirdly, you are playing with your friends. You aren't dancing beside a stranger nor a pretty babe, but simply close friends. When you played those boardgames to outwit one another, you are actually building up funny memorable moments in each other's life. Finally, the customer service is excellent. I admired the waiters' patience! Imagine yourselves having to explain the game rules to difference groups of newbies over and over again every night. How? Can you still put on a smile? Haha ~ oh well, they can!
How do the cafe make money then? 1st, they charge $2 - $2.50 per person an hour for playing the boardgames. Don't be surprised if you seat there playing for 5 hours straight! Haha, that will be an average of $10 per head simply for boardgame. 2nd, when you are playing the games, you talk alot. Inevitably, you will have to order at least 2 drinks per visit. Costing around $4 per drink, you gonna spend around $8 on drinks (doubled it if you order alcohol). If you gonna have a meal there, it won't cost you a fortune too. Just $6.90 for a decent western meal. All in all, the cafe can make up to $20 to $25 per head. With the positive experiences that friends share together over the boardgames, it is highly likely that they will frequent the cafe again. As you need friends to play these games, you gonna introduce more friends into the cafe through words of mouth. Once again, at almost zero cost, the cafe is able to build its customer base.
Freak ~ now that I am at home, I wish that I can spend more time there with my good friends! Do give it a try!
by Str|fe
2 comments